Did you know??
- 1.25 million Americans work in the visual arts.
- One in 111 jobs is in art and design.
- The economic impact of art and design exceeds that of sports worldwide.
- The creative industries are an estimated $30 billion export annually.
- Jobs in design have increased 43% in the past ten years.
- Yearly sales of art reach an estimated $10 billion in the United States alone
- There are over 532,000 designers working in the U.S.
- More people are employed in the visual arts than in all of the performing arts and sports industries combined.
- 200,000 people are employed in the film industry
- People spend approximately $55 billion annually on video games.
- The computer animation industry generates $33 billion annually.
- Jobs and employment in many creative industries are growing faster than the labor force as a whole and make up 30% of the work force by some estimates.
- America’s nonprofit arts industry generates $134 billion in economic activity every year.
- By 2016, jobs for artists and designers are predicted to increase by 42%.
- Arts-related businesses in the country's largest cities represent 4.3% of all businesses and 2.2% of all jobs in the United States.
- There are 3 million people working for over 600,000 arts-centric businesses in the United States.
- Employment growth by arts-centric businesses since 2007 was 12%, more than four times the rise in the total number of U.S. employees.
- Designers are the single largest group of artists, followed by performing artists such as actors, dancers, musicians, and announcers.
- Wage and salary employment in the motion picture and video industries is projected to grow 11% by 2016.
- Animators, film and video editors, and others skilled in digital filming and
- There are about 94,000 computer artists and animators working in the United States.· Jobs for photographers have increased 38% in the past four years.
Sources: Americans for the Arts, National Endowment for the Arts, U.S. Department of Labor, U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, and the Entertainment Software Association.